News New Leak Showcases Zen 3-Powered Ryzen 7000 Mobile CPUs

If you guys allow me to share this info, on some other OFF TOPIC news, it appears that NVIDIA has officially confirmed that it is unlaunching the GeForce RTX 4080 12 GB graphics card while the 16 GB variant is on track for a November launch. lol

So the 12GB variant has been nuked, and cancelled. I guess they did this because of the community backlash and criticism to launch two 4080 series GPUs, having different specs.

It should have been named as RTX 4070 in the first place.

There was a lot of controversy regarding the GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB and the 12 GB models. The controversies stemmed from the fact that the RTX 4080 16 GB was priced at $1199 US while the RTX 4080 12 GB has priced at $899 US and the price-to-performance ratio between the 2 cards was simply out of line.

In recent benchmarks, NVIDIA showed that the RTX 4080 16 GB was up to 30% faster than the RTX 4080 12 GB.

RTX4080.png

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/12gb-4080-unlaunch/

Reactions: -Fran-

criticaloftom

Prominent
Jun 14, 2022
yup in the market for a new laptop and looks like i'll need some sort of college degree to figure out what is actually new and fit for purpose :p

TechieTwo

Notable
Oct 12, 2022
I think AMD needs to start over on their mobile CPU numbering as this is a disaster when you need a CPU/APU scorecard to try and determine what the actual CPU architecture is. If this is intentional so laptop makers can dupe the gullible, I'm not impressed.

I think it is brilliant.

Five years of product stack have been 'stream-lined' into a simple Zen naming strategy, and ties perfectly to a future chiplet SOC incorporating various process sizes, RAM, fancy last-level cache, etc.

Show me a 6nm CPU with some RDNA 3 graphic-engine chiplets, please, sir !

Reactions: thisisaname