New LG 27MP55 IPS Monitor - Res terrible

Stirlo

Honorable
Dec 21, 2014
Hi,

I just bought a new IPS 1920x1080p monitor from LG as mentioned above, but the picture quality is not very good. The colours are very dark and seem a bit off, and writing and other things are very jagged suggesting that its not really running at 1080p. I'm running a Nvidia GTX660ti GPU and I have played around with almost every single setting in both windows resolution settings and NVidia's control panel and I cant seem to make the jagged edges go away. I've tried anti-aliasing in the NCP, setting everything to max and its still jagged. It's even worse in World of Warcraft as I can hardly read the text. This doesn't make any sense considering I'm going from a 24" crappy AWA LCD which seems to have a much better picture quality than my brand new state of the art IPS LED monitor.

PLEASE HELP

Stirlo

Honorable
Dec 21, 2014
I'm using VGA with a DVI adapter. Tried HDMI and the monitor didn't register. I am running two monitors as well, the second is a smaller 18" acer monitor it's quite old, a V193HQ to be exact. That runs fine as well. I just plugged in my old AWA with the same VGA w/ DVI adapter and the quality is definitely better.

Stirlo

Honorable
Dec 21, 2014
I just tried it again with a HDMI cable without the secondary monitor and the quality remains the same. I'm not sure if this is an issue with my monitor or if it is an issue with my PC?