New LG G Pads Hit 7-, 8-, and 10-inch Tablets Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I really like LG's custom UI. I find it brings a lot of features and settings very close to the user, and doesn't seem to have too much bloat. I'm part of the minority, but I like it so much more than vanilla android for sure.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Nature finds a way...

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
When I first got an ipad and others - I thought "How stupid to have such huge ugly bezels" After using them (I still have an ipad 1), the bezel is a place to hold the unit without touching the screen... and of course room for a larger battery.

You don't hold a tablet like you would a phone. My Moto X barely has a bezel on the sides. And even Apple didn't go screen to edge on their iPad Mini. I tried holding my ipad on just the edges or picking it up and sharing it... when doing hand offs to others, you need the space for your thumb/fingers for gripping it.

Hell, even on monitors, I prefer to have SOME bezel.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
This article said the key words I wanted to see. This will not run stock (pure) android. That means I will never own one of these tablets.

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
My daughter got me an android tablet Asus Memo Pad 7HD. I really like it. Don't have a clue whether it is stock android or not. It is not like I expected it to run like a PC. I plan on using it at church and when I need a Mobile device. Seems a lot faster than the first tablets that came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.