[SOLVED] New liquid cooler, 60°c idle temps and sounds like there’s bubbles in it.

Jan 1, 2020
So I recently built my first pc and am pretty happy with it but I started to realize a problem recently.

The cpu cooler I have installed in it is a Cooler Master ml120r, and my cpu is a ryzen 5 2600x. When I open masterplus it says my idle temps are around 60°c and usually even higher, I’m pretty sure this is not good... at all?

Also, it’s been about 5 days since I built it and I’m starting to hear constant sounds that sound like there’s bubbles in the loop or something (like if you try drinking water out of an empty through a straw). And just to clarify, I never heard these sounds before, it only just started. Anyways I really hope someone ca find the problem, because I really wanna make this system last. Thank you!

Solution
60 on idle is definitely not good with liquid cooling. A little bubbling sound is normal, especially on new coolers.

I'd make sure that you've got the radiator and pump connected to the correct headers.
Also check for any possible leaking if the bubbling is getting louder, and check for kinks.
You might also make sure your BIOS settings are correct for the pump and radiator "speeds".
If none of that helps, you could also try reseating and repasting the water block on the CPU. Follow the instructions for the cooler and motherboard exactly, if you don't it could result in bad contact.
so I checked the headers and everything, and everything was fine so I ended up reseating the block. But to no avail, still got the same...

Starcruiser

Honorable
60 on idle is definitely not good with liquid cooling. A little bubbling sound is normal, especially on new coolers.

I'd make sure that you've got the radiator and pump connected to the correct headers.
Also check for any possible leaking if the bubbling is getting louder, and check for kinks.
You might also make sure your BIOS settings are correct for the pump and radiator "speeds".
If none of that helps, you could also try reseating and repasting the water block on the CPU. Follow the instructions for the cooler and motherboard exactly, if you don't it could result in bad contact.

Reactions: Cornerer
Jan 1, 2020

so I checked the headers and everything, and everything was fine so I ended up reseating the block. But to no avail, still got the same temps, but I got a lil suspicious then, annddd it turn out...

... it was cooler master’s software, master plus, that was giving me inaccurate temps of near 70°, idle temps are ACTUALLY right around 35-40°c, which is normal.

Anyways, thanks so much for your help!

Last edited:
Solution