New Lumia 430 Costs $70, Microsoft Continues Low-End Smartphone Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
When will MS learn that most of the people don`t like their ugly tile screen. They will never gain market share from the android power users with their OS until they will let the user customize the damn phone. They have a great OS but the visual design is terrible and some lonatic in MS tries to impose it to the world.

Oblyviousg

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
You my friend are an idiot. WP is not designed for power users. Its a simple phone OS designed to work. No one ois forcing you to use WP or any other OS.

I have been using Android and WP since both came out. WP IMO is more stable and more intuitive than its Android counterpart.

I would really like to know what Android can do that WP cannot in retrospect to what the average user needs and wants a mobile device to achieve.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I think he likes his uniformist blocks that inefficiently use up his screen real-estate. The only difference from a usability standpoint is the different screens for selecting applications to run.
From that screen, you can see the guy has 2 phone numbers with missed calls on each, a couple text messages to each, 1 application update, 2 Skype messages, 2 emails, no facebook notification, and... 3 updates to comments he has made in the store.

SamQ

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
LOL At that thickness (nearly 1/2 inch) they could have easily left in a 3,000 battery and used an HD screen (for another $20 I know). The dimensions are ideal IMHO otherwise. Just what we've been looking for in fact. Did I mention we're not big fans of the new phones that require a purse or a man-servant to carry around? The new Sony Xperia Z3 Compact is nearly perfect ... except it isn't on Verizon (the local gorilla). Cannot catch a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.