[SOLVED] New M.2 Shows in bios but not in Disk Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2021
I have Windows 10 installed on my SSD (C) on sata, which boots and works normally, then a HDD(D) on sata, which also is working well.
The problem comes now. My MOBO is a MSI X570 -A Pro and it has 2 M.2 Slots. One is Gen4 and other is Gen3.
I had one Corsair M.2 Mp510(E) installed and working well too for some months, but it is Gen3 and was connected into the Gen4 slot.
Now I bought another Mp600 which is Gen4 and I switched the Mp510 to the Gen3 slot, installing the new one on the proper slot.

After connecting both new and old M.2, none of them are showing on the Disk Management. But they show on BIOS, with their correct model and sizes.

What could it be?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021
windows 10? check storage space?
Windows 10 yes. I cheked storage space and I had never set that up before and when I try to create a new pool it says "No units that work with storage space are avaiable. Verify if the units that you wish to use are connected." Something like that, translated from my language.

Jul 2, 2021
so both the m.2 show up in storage space? remove them from storage space
There was no storage space. I couldn't find the m.2 anywhere except on the bios' storage section.

Anyways, I couldn't fix it.
I did a fresh Windows install, this time on the smaller M.2, then the other showed up with no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.