[SOLVED] New M.2 SSD not showing up in bios or device manager

brutalamax

Commendable
Nov 8, 2017
Hey guys, i just bought a Kingston A2000 m.2 PCIe NVMe ssd 250gb and planned on running it on the asus prime z370-p mobo.

I have installed it on the lower m2 slot next to the gpu slot. And the problem im having is that i doesnt show up in bios, device manager or anything. It's like it isnt installed even? I have no idea what to do and cant seem to find the answer online

My other regular SSD is connected to sata6_3 and my hdd to sata6_2 if that is important information

Last edited:
Solution
That information you provided does not indicate anything is wrong with the drive. It just shows you don't know how to install it.

A NVMe M.2 drive is usually installed as the boot drive for its increased speed , but you don't seem to have a preference. You seem to be using a slower SATA drive for the boot drive and want to use the M.2 drive as a data drive.
That information you provided does not indicate anything is wrong with the drive. It just shows you don't know how to install it.

A NVMe M.2 drive is usually installed as the boot drive for its increased speed , but you don't seem to have a preference. You seem to be using a slower SATA drive for the boot drive and want to use the M.2 drive as a data drive.

Solution

brutalamax

Commendable
Nov 8, 2017

Yes, that is correct. I want to use it as a data drive to have games on and such? But i cant find it anywhere at all.

TRENDING THREADS