Question New machine with stretched image

Jul 20, 2021
I set up a new machine today. The configuration:

-ASUS Prime B550M-A Motherboard

-AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

-Corsair Vengeance LPX memory, 16GB (2x8GB), 3000MHz, DDR4, CL16

-Power Source Corsair CX550F, 550W, 80 Plus bronze

-SSD Kingston A400, 240GB

-EVGA Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 2GB, DDR3.

-Dell monitor

I set up the machine, and when I turned on the ASUS home screen appeared stretched out. I went into the BIOS and the same thing happens. The screen stretches and overflows to the left so you don't see the rest of the image.

What I tried: I have another machine, a 5 year old I7 coffe lake, but I use video on board on it. I installed the video card on this machine and it worked normally. Then I changed monitors. I used the old monitor, an LG on the new machine, and the problem persisted.

Could this video card be the problem? It's the only thing I can think of, even though it works on the old machine.

Have you seen this before?

JWNoctis

Upstanding
Jun 9, 2021
Which Dell monitor? How is the monitor connected? VGA?

Check monitor settings for display position and stretch. There might be an auto-adjustment setting, especially on older monitors.

Jul 20, 2021
Which Dell monitor? How is the monitor connected? VGA?

Check monitor settings for display position and stretch. There might be an auto-adjustment setting, especially on older monitors.
It's a new one, the model is SE2419HR.
There's no auto adjustment. As I mentioned, I had another monitor in hand, working fine, but shows the same problem in this machine. And the new dell monitor news tested in other machine and is working good. I will try later today a new vídeo card that a friend will borrow to me. Let's see.

Jul 20, 2021
It's a new one, the model is SE2419HR.
There's no auto adjustment. As I mentioned, I had another monitor in hand, working fine, but shows the same problem in this machine. And the new dell monitor news tested in other machine and is working good. I will try later today a new vídeo card that a friend will borrow to me. Let's see.
And it's connected using HDMI cable, that also I tried to change but didn't resolve the issue.

ASK THE COMMUNITY