New MB, won't POST - Tried everything in sticky thread

fatald

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Thanks for reading! Like I wrote, I tried everything in this thread: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Specs:
Reused Phenom 1100t + stock cooler
MSI 970A-G46
Reused PNY 4g x 4 DDR3 10666
Gigabyte GTX650 Ti
CORSAIR CX750M

This mb doesn't have a speaker, but it has 4 cpu lights which stay lit. The case fans and gpu fans all move. I've tried different monitors and cables. I've tried disconnecting everything but ram, gpu, and cpu. Tried swapping out with known good ram.

ANY help would be very helpful... very frustrated, lol.

Hi

You haven't tried every thing in the list
If the motherboard has a integrated graphics chip use that instead of existing gpu
If not try a known working simple graphics card (I keep an old PCI Matrox card for this purpose)
What does the motherboard manual say about the LEDs is 4 on good or bad ?

If there is nothing on the screen it is difficult to know if the system has posted

There are PCI and PCI-X. Diagnostics cards with led or LCD displays
You can also get a set of miniture speaker+ Two PC switches for about £5.00 (uk)
From maplin electronics & others which are useful for 'bread boarding' (testing outside of case)

Regards

Mike Barnes

rehed21

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
Have you tried with just one stick of ram? The power cord is plugged into the GPU? You're certain that a CPU pin is not broken or bent? The ATX 8-pin 12V CPU power connector is plugged in? Are you able to try with a different CPU to rule out the MB as the problem?