New Media Center/Editing Build

Hey guys,
With one of my family members moving out for college in a few months, my family wanted to convert his room into a studio/practice room (with his consent of course). We are all classical musicians, but space has been limited in the house, thus limiting the time of day/amount we can practice. I decided a nice addition to the room would be a media/recording PC. Here's what I'd need the PC to be able to do:

1. Record/Refine audio simultaneously via Adobe Audition and Audacity.

2. POTENTIALLY Game later on with the addition of a GPU (want the CPU to have an iGPU so intel's the route here as for now.)

3. POSSIBLY SERVE as a streaming PC in case I still end up losing frames with my current build.

I already own a few parts of the build, but I'm unsure if they'd be adequate for the task.
I own a Gigabyte H110M board, a Pentium G4400, and I can get my hands on some additional storage quite easily if need be.

My budget is a bit ambiguous right now, but the lower cost the better. $300-500 would probably be the best range as for now, but it will probably be able to go higher. I'm also looking into a Keyboard that is capable of interfacing with my PC, but we can leave that out of the budget.
Thanks for all the help,
Noah

it looks like you have a decent PC to build around since the Pentium you have is a 6th gen Intel one and your motherboard would support both 6th 7th generation intel CPU's and the iGPU in a 7th gen does support 4K resolutions for video playback but the iGPU would still not be any good for gaming. if going with a 7th gen intel core CPU make sure to update your motherboard first

you haven't mentioned what ram you may or may not have currently but you should at least go 8-16GB of ram

not sure what you are looking for in a keyboard since the word "interfacing" which is really broad word to use since every keyboard out there can "interface" with a computer

My apologies. The RAM that was in that system now resides within my brother's new build. I should've clarified that when I specified the current parts. Interfacing with my PC in a sense of being used with FL Studio/Other Audio applications. Ideally, the budget should encompass the following: RAM, PSU, Case (Micro-ATX if possible), and POSSIBLY a new CPU. Just wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade the current platform I have now, or just start from scratch with something like a core i5 8400.

if you plan on playing modern games competitively then you could start from scratch and get something like an 8400 because of the more cores but you do have DDR4 ram already so that can keep the costs down. as for your uses being for media and editing i believe a core i5 7600 or i7 7700K would be fine and last you a long time especially when you pair it with a good GPU in the future

TRENDING THREADS