Question New Member, New PC Build BSOD WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Daily

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 26, 2019
Hey guys, first time poster long time lurker. so im having a BSOD problem with a brand new pc that i just built a few weeks ago. the pc will BSOD basically every day, mostly for WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR but have bsod for other things. i thought maybe something went wrong with my install of windows 10 so i reinstalled last night and still get the bsod (only once so far). i have unseated everything on my mobo and reseated it, including switching the two DIMMS. i have updated every driver and have reset mobo to default. If im playing games i have no BSOD but while just sitting on my desktop, lock screen, clicking start menu, changing apps etc will cause the blue screen and restart. i have my dump file zipped, and a shareable copy made available. also will link my PC components. thank you!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rLo-ejJLWuzZ5YOaHFGkQsjI8mUIUYvi

Oct 26, 2019
if you give us the dump files of the 2 BSOD, we can see if they show any driver names apart from 2 Windows ones.

This is your thread, life is more important than it is. So no need to apologise, I would have been here anyway.
If I could like this comment ten times over i very much would. Thank you Colif I am of extreme gratitude for your help and offerings. here are my minidumps. crashed again this morning. Note: its only crashed while on idle/screen off. the last BSOD i turned my pc on and let it load in to the login screen where i left it and i went to the bathroom. when i walked back in it was rebooting. Thank you so much for making me feel welcomed here! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r-EkCHciAPzLhaBOZM42ljtxufj3dChy

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://quadraticteach.htmlpasta.com/
File information:032520-7265-01.dmp (Mar 25 2020 - 07:53:47)
Bugcheck:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: WinStore.App.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 33 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)

File information:032220-7312-01.dmp (Mar 22 2020 - 16:38:31)
Probably caused by:GenuineIntel (Process: obs64.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File information:031520-8562-01.dmp (Mar 15 2020 - 14:23:29)
Probably caused by:GenuineIntel (Process: System)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 46 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:030320-33593-01.dmp (Mar 3 2020 - 15:26:32)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: iCUE.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 17 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: Aro_V2

Colif

Win 11 Master
So what hasn't been replaced?
It has a new motherboard, didn't solve problem.
you have had 4 sets of ram,
CPU passes tests.

wonders what this is
Aug 14 2014vbaudio_cable64_win7.sysVB Virtual Audio Device driver https://www.vb-audio.com/
probably part of
Jan 12 2019vbaudio_vmvaio64_win10.sysVoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO) driver
VAIO driver? sees upon research its not a Sony driver but means Virtual Audio IO
top one is a win 7 driver. MIght not be involved but at this point... its always possible,

what is attached to PC? what instruments for instance as the error can be related to any hardware.

Your BSOD only happen every week or so, which sucks as I would suggest running in safe mode. 2 of the WHEA say they are drivers, I am not sure I believe them but running in safe mode would remove drivers from equation. Another way is run driver verifer as it might reveal the driver name - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/ (see post 2, and follow suggested precautions).

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
So what hasn't been replaced?
It has a new motherboard, didn't solve problem.
you have had 4 sets of ram,
CPU passes tests.

wonders what this is
Aug 14 2014vbaudio_cable64_win7.sysVB Virtual Audio Device driver https://www.vb-audio.com/
probably part of
Jan 12 2019vbaudio_vmvaio64_win10.sysVoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO) driver
VAIO driver? sees upon research its not a Sony driver but means Virtual Audio IO
top one is a win 7 driver. MIght not be involved but at this point... its always possible,

what is attached to PC? what instruments for instance as the error can be related to any hardware.

Your BSOD only happen every week or so, which sucks as I would suggest running in safe mode. 2 of the WHEA say they are drivers, I am not sure I believe them but running in safe mode would remove drivers from equation. Another way is run driver verifer as it might reveal the driver name - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/ (see post 2, and follow suggested precautions).
that vb virtual audio is a brand new program to me I've only been using for the last little while for microphone quality. it just helps me add some compression/mic effects to the mic on my astro headset. I've never had that in recent months. I haven't replaced cpu, gpu, or psu. everything else has been swapped in/out. I ended up keeping the motherboard, I'm going to send my old one off for repair and sell it. hardware attached is aoc g2590fx monitor through dp, and an old dell st2310f through hdmi. Corsair k65lux, and Corsair m65 elite connected through the passthrough USB. astro a40 mixamp pro through USB. Ethernet connection. a set of speakers through the line out. I have a Microsoft lifecam hd5000 (old webcam) that I've been using as of recently. my PC is pretty strictly made for gaming, I'm hoping to avoid the safe mode. its always ran top notch in games but I BSOD yesterday while navigating in the menus on warzone for iqrl not less or equal

Oct 26, 2019
Okay, so if its new and errors happened before, it is probably okay.

if you share the dump it might help. Those can be ram or drivers. hopefully it shows a driver name.
here it is. i downloaded GIMP and was using it for the first time the other day, my computer WHEA i think 3 times while using a smudging brush. also, i updated my gpu drivers yesterday. when i finished, i restarted my computer. somewhere after my screen went black/ before the motherboard splash screen came up i BSOD for WHEA. that should be my most recent file. also included memory.dmp because WhoCrashed listed that as a dump file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19d0INd-YRZ3YOoR1ANFSBJovwU0bJtA7

gardenman

Splendid
I would try to install the motherboard drivers first. This often includes audio and networking drivers. Video driver 2nd. But, it really shouldn't matter. Some might prefer to do the video driver first so they can see things easier.

Edit
Dump files before you formatted (which probably won't be of any use now that you are formatting). I should have thought of that before I posted them.
End Edit

I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://eristiclaugh.htmlpasta.com/
File information:040120-8343-01.dmp (Apr 1 2020 - 16:17:06)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:032920-8203-01.dmp (Mar 29 2020 - 18:31:47)
Probably caused by:GenuineIntel (Process: gimp-2.10.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:032920-8125-01.dmp (Mar 29 2020 - 18:24:37)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 41 Sec(s)

File information:032920-7171-01.dmp (Mar 29 2020 - 12:52:57)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: gimp-2.10.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 23 Hour(s), 58 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)

File information:032720-33937-01.dmp (Mar 27 2020 - 21:14:20)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File information:MEMORY.DMP (Apr 1 2020 - 16:17:06)
This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Oct 26, 2019
I would try to install the motherboard drivers first. This often includes audio and networking drivers. Video driver 2nd. But, it really shouldn't matter. Some might prefer to do the video driver first so they can see things easier.

Edit
Dump files before you formatted (which probably won't be of any use now that you are formatting). I should have thought of that before I posted them.
End Edit

I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://eristiclaugh.htmlpasta.com/
File information:040120-8343-01.dmp (Apr 1 2020 - 16:17:06)

File information:032920-8203-01.dmp (Mar 29 2020 - 18:31:47)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 40 Sec(s)

File information:032920-8125-01.dmp (Mar 29 2020 - 18:24:37)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 41 Sec(s)

File information:032920-7171-01.dmp (Mar 29 2020 - 12:52:57)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: gimp-2.10.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 23 Hour(s), 58 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)

File information:032720-33937-01.dmp (Mar 27 2020 - 21:14:20)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File information:MEMORY.DMP (Apr 1 2020 - 16:17:06)
my apologies for posting the files before reformatting, ive done this quite a few times now and it still see this frequently so I thought it may still help . thank you for everything youve done so far! I didn't think drivers would be issue. I usually do system, lan, audio, gpu etc. just wanted to double check. thank you!

Oct 26, 2019
hey guys.. back again.. I just reformatted (deleted partitions, reinstalled to unpartitioned unallocated space using a fresh install of media creation tool to usb). before I did anything, I started windows updates and updated my Microsoft store and while in the Microsoft store i downloaded the nvidia control panel, and the astro command center. the MS store updated, and windows updates continued to download. BSOD. here it is. no other files no other drivers downloaded. had to download WinRAR and am using Microsoft edge lol. im feeling absolutely beaten by this, I spent over $3000 cad for my machine and it cannot even run windows properly. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lFFBGexLlnVtD4S_R5EDt8dj2F204CwZ

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://methylicwaterdragon.htmlpasta.com/

File information:040220-6921-01.dmp (Apr 2 2020 - 20:20:22)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

With all of the previous WHEA errors, I'd say it is hardware issue. If you haven't already tested all of the hardware, then do so now. I went back and seen you tested the RAM. Did you test the CPU with Prime95? If not, I would do so. These errors are difficult to track down. Sorry that I can't help much more. Colif will likely reply later today.

Oct 26, 2019
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://methylicwaterdragon.htmlpasta.com/

File information:040220-6921-01.dmp (Apr 2 2020 - 20:20:22)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

With all of the previous WHEA errors, I'd say it is hardware issue. If you haven't already tested all of the hardware, then do so now. I went back and seen you tested the RAM. Did you test the CPU with Prime95? If not, I would do so. These errors are difficult to track down. Sorry that I can't help much more. Colif will likely reply later today.

thank you very much! it's been a great help! I've tested my CPU with prime 95, and the Intel processor diagnostic. tested memory. swapped motherboards, I have tried using just one SSD as boot drive and have tried two different ssd's in both nvme slots. "tested" gpu, idk I called EVGA and they told me it's not from the gpu. only things left are gpu, cpu, and powersupply. colif posted about testing a PSU. i haven't done that but have heard they are tricky to test (colif also mentioned that). I'm feeling bruised over this heavily. this was my introduction back in to personal computers and PC gaming and it's lovely but at the same time leaving me with a bitter aftertaste :( thank you gardenman

Reactions: gardenman

Colif

Win 11 Master
We have bad weather here so I haven't been on.

I mean, it could be CPU but if you already ran Prime95 & Intel Processor Diagnostic tool, I would be surprised if it was it.

PSU

the paper clip method - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-is-the-paperclip-method-of-testing-a-psu.1336402/

or multimeter,

or in the BIOS to check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V. - https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583

there is a 4th thing you can't test. The motherboard.

Easiest way to see if it is GPU is remove GPU and run off the onboard connections on motherboard and use CPU to run graphics. If you still BSOD without a GPU, you know its not the card.