[SOLVED] New memory on an old pc

Offlinex

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014
My pc is starting to show its age and I'm planning on upgrading soon. I have been getting a lot of stuttering playing some of my games but looking into my performance my toshiba 7200RPM HDD where I store most of my games is maxing out at 100%. I also know my 8gb of memory is way under-powered but its running around 75-80% but it would be kind of pointless to buy more ddr3 memory if I'm going to get a new mobo/cpu soon. pc parts picker shows no compatibility issues, can I add Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (MZ-V7E1T0BW) - PCPartPicker onto my old system then transfer it to my new comp?
Current old pc (excluding added m.2 drive):https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PvxrPV

Solution
You can use it on the old system, but you should do a fresh install of windows when you transfer it to the new system.

But you should consider than the CPU getting the data even faster will mean that it will have to work even faster to keep up and the mem will be filling up even faster, so if the stutter comes from the hdd it will be resolved but if it comes from somewhere else it might even intensify.
You can use it on the old system, but you should do a fresh install of windows when you transfer it to the new system.

But you should consider than the CPU getting the data even faster will mean that it will have to work even faster to keep up and the mem will be filling up even faster, so if the stutter comes from the hdd it will be resolved but if it comes from somewhere else it might even intensify.

Solution