[SOLVED] New mining rig won't boot at all after trying to get the last GPU to show up in HiveOS ?

May 30, 2021
Asus Prime Z390-P ATX Motherboard
6 x RTX 3070
2 x Corsair RMX1000W PSU

I finished building my first rig, hooked everything up, and powered it on with HiveOS, got it to boot but it showed only 5 of my 6 GPUs in HiveOS, so I was troubleshooting online and found some people saying I needed to update BIOS to the latest version from Asus website and then enable 4G Decoding to make the last GPU appear. I went for the BIOS update, which completed and told me to press enter to restart. I did so and it restarted but then it wouldn't boot. The fans on the GPUs and the CPU spins fine, but my monitor won't turn on or my keyboard.

I then reset the CMOS, and then it finally booted up and took me to the post screen and I was able to access the BIOS and enable the 4G Encoding, however now after saving my changes and exiting the bios my rig won't boot at all. The fans spin and the system lights come on but no signal on monitor or lights on the keyboard, I then tried resetting CMOS again to no avail and tried swapping the HDMI cable to different graphics cards and everything but still no dice. I don't understand how resetting the CMOS and the rig still won't boot at all! I don't understand how I can't get the system to boot again after it was booting perfectly fine before!

Solution
Does the following link present the applicable User Manual for your motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_Z390-P/E15011_PRIME_Z390-P_UM_v3_web.pdf

[Verify that I have identified the correct User Manual.]

Start by checking the Specifications summary starting on physically numbered Page vi.

My thought is your build is either currently unsupported or perhaps simply mis-configured.

Double check everything to verify that the physical build and connections are supported.

If so then take another look at the configuration settings: HiveOS and otherwise.

Ralston18

Titan
Does the following link present the applicable User Manual for your motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_Z390-P/E15011_PRIME_Z390-P_UM_v3_web.pdf

[Verify that I have identified the correct User Manual.]

Start by checking the Specifications summary starting on physically numbered Page vi.

My thought is your build is either currently unsupported or perhaps simply mis-configured.

Double check everything to verify that the physical build and connections are supported.

If so then take another look at the configuration settings: HiveOS and otherwise.

Solution