[SOLVED] New mobo and cpu, no signal

Darrai

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am replacing my motherboard, cpu and ram for the first time and I seem to have a few problems. I have connected everything in the right place as far as I know, but when I power the pc I get:
  • a no signal on my monitor when i connect the display port to the gpu, hdmi to gpu or hdmi to mobo.
  • gpu fans keep spinning at what I assume is 100%
  • holding down the power button does not shut down the pc. It is not broken because it is able to turn on the pc.
Mobo: x570 aorus elite
Cpu: amd Ryzen 5 5600x
Gpu: nvidia rtx 2080 super
Ram: corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 16gb (2x 8gb) 3200mhz

Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty component? Thank you :)

Last edited:
Solution
Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite - CPU Support List
This motherboard requires BIOS version F30 in order for it to support the Ryzen 5 5600X processor. More than likely, you will need to update the BIOS.

Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite WiFi - Motherboard Manual
Oddly enough, the link on the Motherboard's Support Page to the manual leads to the WiFi version of the board. Not sure if there is a difference, but look to Pg. 23 and the Q-Flash Plus instructions for updating your BIOS.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
This motherboard requires BIOS version F30 in order for it to support the Ryzen 5 5600X processor. More than likely, you will need to update the BIOS.

Oddly enough, the link on the Motherboard's Support Page to the manual leads to the WiFi version of the board. Not sure if there is a difference, but look to Pg. 23 and the Q-Flash Plus instructions for updating your BIOS.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Darrai
Solution

Darrai

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021

-Wolf sends

Yes, the manual is the same for the elite and elite wifi. I have the manual here. I'll try what you adviced!

Reactions: Wolfshadw

TRENDING THREADS