Hi,
I recently upgraded my CPU and Mobo.
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5950x
Mobo: ASUS ROG Crossfire Hero VIII Wi-Fi
GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3
Cooler: Corsair H150i RGB Pro
RAM: 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200mhz

When I try to boot my lights and fans and everything turn on and my motherboard gives me RAM errors, and sometimes VGA errors. The most common error codes are '94' and '0D'

What I have tried:
  1. Flashed BIOS update from USB
  2. Re-seated all components
  3. Tried using 1 ram slot
  4. Cleared CMOS
  5. Replaced the Mobo and CPU back to the original Mobo and CPU from when the system was last working and the RAM indicators light up on this Mobo too
Since this all points to a memory issue I have also installed an old set of DDR4 I had lying around that I took from a working build a short time ago and I get the same RAM issue in both setups which is what's really confusing me.

Any suggestions on where I can go from here?

Solution
"Replaced the Mobo and CPU back to the original Mobo and CPU from when the system was last working and the RAM indicators light up on this Mobo too "

Something common between both setups is causing the issue.

Try removing everything except the CPU, GPU and 1 memory stick and a keyboard...don't plug in anything else...no SSD/HHD or other cards.

See if it boots in this minimalist setup so you can access the BIOS. If you can get to the BIOS then slowly add back in each remaining item, reboot between each item, until you fail and find the defective item.

If you can't get into the BIOS in this configuration then start looking at your PSU, CPU, and GPU as the culprit.

Griffyn

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
Well the manual says 94 is PCI Bus Enumeration and 0D is 'reserved for future AMI SEC code errors'.

Since your testing points to memory, have you tried your RAM in a different system? My advice would be trying to test all possible combinations to narrow down what component it is then go from there.

"Replaced the Mobo and CPU back to the original Mobo and CPU from when the system was last working and the RAM indicators light up on this Mobo too "

Something common between both setups is causing the issue.

Try removing everything except the CPU, GPU and 1 memory stick and a keyboard...don't plug in anything else...no SSD/HHD or other cards.

See if it boots in this minimalist setup so you can access the BIOS. If you can get to the BIOS then slowly add back in each remaining item, reboot between each item, until you fail and find the defective item.

If you can't get into the BIOS in this configuration then start looking at your PSU, CPU, and GPU as the culprit.

Solution