New Mobo and cpu

crazy_bad

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
So im switching from intel to amd i know i have to reinstall Windows but is there anything else I should? i have nothing super important on my computer so I dont mind if everything is gone. Like the gpu, ssd, hdd, etc will all be the same. So should i wipe my ssd and hdd?

Solution
Keep in mind that Ryzen (if that is your choice) uses DDR4 memory. So if your present Intel platform uses DDR3, you'll need to add RAM to your upgrade. Everything else should be fine.

You don't have to wipe the SSD. Win 10 install will reformat it before it begins the installation.
One note: decide if you want to install Win10 in legacy mode or UEFI mode. If the latter (and the SSD isn't already in GPT partition style), this short tutorial will explain how to do it.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Keep in mind that Ryzen (if that is your choice) uses DDR4 memory. So if your present Intel platform uses DDR3, you'll need to add RAM to your upgrade. Everything else should be fine.

You don't have to wipe the SSD. Win 10 install will reformat it before it begins the installation.
One note: decide if you want to install Win10 in legacy mode or UEFI mode. If the latter (and the SSD isn't already in GPT partition style), this short tutorial will explain how to do it.

Solution