Question New mobo and gpu, won't boot to bios

chrishilljayne

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
As the title says, recently made an upgrade to the gpu and motherboard, however both sya no signal when plugged into a monitor.
I've checked cables, that the ram is in place and tested without the gpu in booting from the mobo, both of which still won't even get to bios

System turns on, the gpu fans don't turn which makes me assume the gpu has no power, but that doesn't explain why the mobo without gpu won't load bios

The PSU should be okay (how old is it?) but it may well be the issue. I am presuming you have double checked all cables include CPU power at the top left, all your SATA power cables etc just to make sure nothing is loose. With the 5700xt me personally i would go 600w to 650w Gold and I know that is over but I always like to be over....

chrishilljayne

Prominent
Aug 23, 2018
Yeah I think it was the cpu temp, i hadn't yet put the fan back on as I wasnt sure if it could have been the cpu, but I've replaced the thermal compound and placed the fan back on, it works great now and there's been no crash

So thanks everyone who took there time to help clear up my rookie mistakes, its been great help

Reactions: NightHawkRMX