New Mobo/CPU, no monitor signal?

zex_vex55

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Just barely got a new motherboard and cpu in the mail today. I've set everything up to the best of my ability, all fans are spinning, lights are on... however I'm getting no signal on my monitor. My monitor is plugged directly into my GPU.

ASRock Z75 Pro3 Motherboard and Intel Core i5-3350P Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz CPU are the Mobo and CPU.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated..

zex_vex55

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I fixed the issue, my gpu simply wasn't plugged in all the way.. However, I've ran into a new problem. I boot up my PC, and it takes me to the screen when you haven't shut down your computer correctly, it gives me the option to start in safe boot, boot windows normally etc. However, it's a tad different. It tells me Windows error recovery, windows failed to start, it could be due a a recent hardware or software change etc.

If I hit start normally, or in safe mode I get a blue screen of death for a split second then it takes me back to the boot up screen. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

zex_vex55

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Sorry I'm very nooby when it comes to CMOS and most computer things in general, other than installing some things... How do I clear my CMOS? I did not install the OS fresh, I figured it would just boot automatically using the OS I had installed on my HD?