New Mobo,CPU,Ram Windows Question

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is the ideal as it prevents any chance of driver or software conflicts.

But it really depends on your OS license. If you purchased an OEM copy of Windows you won't be able to re-use it. Though occasionally you can re-activate over the phone. If you bought the 'retail' copy you just have to reactivate and only have that copy running.

If you want to keep everything you can occasionally transplant an OS into a new system. I have successfully gone from AMD to Intel twice, and Intel to Intel a few times. Simple matter of uninstalling as many drivers as possible, shutting down, and dropping the drive into the new build. I generally take a clone snapshot before making an attempt though. This requires a spare drive.

ChrisTsall99

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015

Okay I will try to format then ... so I just connect the parts and after that , if it boots I put a bootable usb with windows to a usb port and just wait until installation finish , right?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
More or less, yes. If you format it will boot and come up with a no media found error. You would then need to specifically boot from the USB drive if it doesn't automatically.

Really comes down to your OS. If this is an OEM computer from Dell, HP, or what have you, then you won't be able to use the license key again. If you purchased an OEM license (usually what boutique builders do as well) you won't be able to re-use the license key. Only if you purchased the full retail copy of Windows will you be able to simply do an install from scratch without having to pay.

ChrisTsall99

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015

Really thanks for your replies.
Actually I don't have original windows so I will not have any problems . I guess .