[SOLVED] New mobo+cpu+ram won't Post/boot

Feb 16, 2019
Hey, i just bought a new mobo+cpu+ ram combo to upgrade my pc, my build would be as follows: CPU: ryzen 5 1600 , Mobo: Gigabyte b450m bs3h , and 1x8 GB corsair vengeance black 2400 mhz ram stick as the new parts. My GPU is a 1060 6 gb and i tried testing with 2 PSU's , one bought yesterday : 750 W Intertech Energon both have 12V for the mobo pin. So i've been trying to get this new mobo working for the past few days with no success but it just won't beep no matter what i try. Here's what i've already done: i've breadboarded it and connected the mobo to the psu with the ram, gpu and HDD attached and gradually removed one component until i only had the mobo+cpu connected to the psu. EVERY single time the result was the same: every fan is spinning, the Sata components work normally, gpu rgb led is on and the motherboard led is orange, i don't know what that means i can't find it in the manual here: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450m-ds3h_e.pdf . There is no display and there is no beep. I don't know what to do, is my new mobo DOA? is my new cpu at fault? how can i check that(the cpu fit in the socket and nothing seemed wrong with it) , i am fairly certain it's not the psu at fault because i tested with 2 of them, THE PSU CONNECTORS ARE 100% CONNECTED IN THE RIGHT SPOTS , it's not the gpu or hdd because the mobo wont boot without those not attached, and my pc will work normally as soon as i insert my old motherboard in. Any help is appreciated thanks in advance
Edit: most importantly how can i tell if the issue is the mobo or if its the cpu, can a cpu that fits just fine in the socket still be faulty?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
If both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected, and no beeps with RAMs removed, then board, or CPU, or both do not work. I suggest returning them, to be replaced, if under warranty.
Feb 16, 2019
  1. It's a monitor but it's not the problem since i get a boot if i change the motherboard, i tried inserting the hdmi cable into both the integrated graphics port on the mobo and the gpu, none works.
  2. i don't have an msi board