New mobo-gpu combo, no net

Virginity

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
So i got a new mobo and a temporary gpu from my friend, its an nvidia 9000gt i think, not sure, so i popped out my old mobo,popped my new one in and put in the gpu
The problem here is my ethernet not working , it shows a yellow triangle and when i troubleshoot it says something about dns( it was a long message, atleast 10words)So i have done this *uninstalling previous drivers *format hdd *cmos reset *checked bios if my net was enabled *checked device manager for conflicts *checked dxdiag for conflicts
Thats all, please help

P.S *before everything my old mobo arrived faster than my gpu, so i tested with my old one, and the net worked, but resolution was all wonky, i assumed it was drivers and just removed everything and waited
P.S 2* i ordered an external nic in hopes it would help

Solution
probably just some IP / DNS settings missing

press Win + R, type in " ncpa.cpl " and enter
then choose the ethernet connection and open properties
then select " internet protocol version 4 " or " 6 " (depending on your provider) and fill out the IP of your router.
then sign an IP address to your NIC (for example if it's an IPv4 network and your router has the 192.168.1.1 you set your IP address to somewhere beteen 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.255, I suggest something in the 30s at least to make sure there isn't a conflict with other devices)
then you enter either the DNS server of your ISP or the IP address of your modem as DNS server, or enter the Google DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4)

usually this resolves the issue (if you have correctly...
probably just some IP / DNS settings missing

press Win + R, type in " ncpa.cpl " and enter
then choose the ethernet connection and open properties
then select " internet protocol version 4 " or " 6 " (depending on your provider) and fill out the IP of your router.
then sign an IP address to your NIC (for example if it's an IPv4 network and your router has the 192.168.1.1 you set your IP address to somewhere beteen 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.255, I suggest something in the 30s at least to make sure there isn't a conflict with other devices)
then you enter either the DNS server of your ISP or the IP address of your modem as DNS server, or enter the Google DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4)

usually this resolves the issue (if you have correctly installed the drivers for your new mobo's NIC)

Solution