New Mobo install and now PC shuts down

mattymatt13

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Hello,

Need some advice please. I just bought a new mobo and installed it with my old cpu and other components.

The problem I'm having is when I play steam games and exit out of games my computer shuts off. I checked my temps and the CPU is under 50. I installed the crappy cooler that came with the CPU because my crappy water-cooler had temps of 70 after the mobo switch. I'm going to get a better water cooler pretty soon but my temps are still under 50 after playing CSGO. If I'm surfing the web, playing music or stuff like that the problem doesn't happen.

Not sure if this is a CPU, PSU, mobo or something else problem. I reset Windows 10 and went into BIOS and set everything to default (no overclocking). Any advice? I'm thinking maybe I should check the ram.

Specs:
AMD FX 8350
Asus sabertooth 990fx r3
Corsair vengeance 16gb
Corsair 850 gold
Powercolor rx480 8gb
Pny SSD
Crappy CPU cooler

UPDATE: I reaseated all components. Ran Prime95 and the computer shuts off after like 2 minutes into the test.

mattymatt13

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
I think it's the PSU since the computer shuts off after load. Made a mistake in its description. It's a Thermal take tough power 850 gold. I think I purchased it around 4-5 years ago.