Question New mobo + new cpu still same boot cycle of flickering lights and then nothing!

Jtull55

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
Long story short broke pins on my cpu probably around 4 months ago after trying to clean pc since i hadn't be able to use it for nearly half a year.

fast forward to last 2 weeks got new cpu and had a boot but i had no display or signal on monitor + a yellow LED light on the boot error section of mobo indicating something up with DRAM. Then after a couple hours it went back to the original problem of having no boot cycle but if i flicked power button on/off the boot lights would flicker and eventually turn on but again with no display and this was inconsistent.

fast forward to today i replaced whole mobo with new one and it booted but again with no display + led DRAM light then once i turned it off and tried to turn it on again it went back to not booting at all and the lights flickering when i turned the power on/off.

what are some suggestions on what could be causing this problem?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a troubleshooting thread, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

While the system is disconnected from the wall and monitor, see if the rams are seated properly. Speaking of which, what slots are you populating with your ram sticks? On another note, did you replace the motherboard with a brand new one or from another manufacturer?

Reactions: Jtull55

Jtull55

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
When posting a troubleshooting thread, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

While the system is disconnected from the wall and monitor, see if the rams are seated properly. Speaking of which, what slots are you populating with your ram sticks? On another note, did you replace the motherboard with a brand new one or from another manufacturer?

Oh sorry specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 3600x
Motherboard: ASUS strix B550-A
Ram: Corsair LPX vengeance 2x8gb DDR4 RAM
SSD/HDD: 1Tb seagate barracuda ( i think)
GPU: ASUS GTX 1050ti
PSU: Coolermaster MWE 650W 80+ gold fully modular
Chassis: Coolermaster "Deep Cool"

and i replaced the previous motherboard with a new brand but same manufacturer old motherboard was a : ASUS Strix B-F450 if i remember correctly.

and i have tried all ram stick slots but tried mostly booting up via the a2 or b2 slots as per manual. and swapped ram sticks to see if one would boot and same result.

i will disconnect from wall and monitor and make sure their seated properly and try again. thanks for your reply.

Jtull55

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
Hello,
Did you find a solution ?
Regards
Hi! i just installed a new psu that i ordered and now it boots perfect everytime no flickering or boot cycle but i still am getting no display on monitor + the led for dram boot error is still yellow on booting. i've got new RAM coming so ill test those as well.