olgeezr

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2007
Tried to install Premier 2, monitor said "No SSe2" what the H that is?. So I decided good excuse to go dual. Purchased
DG695RYCK MoBo
E6400 CPu 2.1 gig
Ultra 600 w PS
Aopen 18X DVDRW
Stuck it all together, flipped the switch , Whamo NOTHING.

Now, at 84, this ain't my first ballet. Ive done this dance several times before. So, I sez to myself "Self, you have done some thing stupid !".
I'm looking at $500 worth of new JUNK.

I have checked;
1 Voltage at power cord 120
2 switch on back of computer ON
3 re set CPU done
4 reinstalled ram pair OK
5 confirmed position of all connectors OK
6 when power on Green LED on board ON
7. removed all cards and drives NO change
8 resistance of switches on box front "dead short"
9 voltage on all power supply plugs 0

and oh yes, flipped the bios battery out for a few minutes

When I first plug in and push the power switch in front I get a quick flash of the pretty green LED on the fan and a quiver of the fan blade (1/2 cycle?) ?que passa?

Olgeezr.

Dd you plug in the 12 v power connector to the power plug near the cpu? Most systems have three places to plug poer onto your boartd - 24 pin main (with extension) , 4 pin cpu, and video card.

Just a thought. Your symptoms are exactly what happens if the cpu plug is not connected.

olgeezr

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2007
Thanks, This board has video integrated. To eliminate PS problem I installed PS from my old computer, same results.

olgeezr

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2007
Would you believe, INTEL! Bought it as a barebonz from Tiger. Quick return on PS (which I now think was not the problem.)

I also Googled with no sucess. Intel said call back Monday. Called them 6pm Fri. Checked their customer service e-mail , no joy there. :roll:

TRENDING THREADS