Question Sound issues with new motherboard ?

May 20, 2024
I recently upgraded nearly everything in my system. Reinstalled Windows, drivers etc. Amazingly, and probably my first time building a system where all parts worked.

On my previous setup, the soundbar I was using suddenly wouldn't produce sound. All connections, remote options, it would default back to standby. I bought a new soundbar and it worked perfectly. I try to keep my audio low so as not to wake others. I used the loudness equalization setting, and pretty much set it and forgot it (settings).

After upgrading my system even with enhancements enabled, I no longer have the option(s) for enhancements like equalization. I downloaded fx sounds? and it helped tremendously. However I still have to adjust my sound constantly because either the vocals are too low, or everything else is insanely high.
I've started to look into sound cards (never considered them before, since my sound was always decent).

I guess my question is, is there some way to get my audio right or do I need to buy a sound card ?

Thanks....

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with? Make and model of your motherboard(if you're relying on the onboard audio chip)? BIOS version for said motherboard? How are you hooked to your soundbar? Did you install all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Speaking of OS, if you're working with Windows 10 or 11, did you install said OS(es) in offline mode? The OS will tend to download and install drivers it thinks is right for your platform if you didn't install the OS in offline mode.