Status
Not open for further replies.

Caimbeul2000

Reputable
Jun 12, 2019
Hi,

Just bought a new mobo and cpu for my sons machine (MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus & Ryzen 3600).

When it was first assembled, it took a slightly worrying time to post to the screen where is says press del to enter bios but it did eventually and to my surprise loaded windows just fine (other than windows sayingit was not registered which is to be expected) despite new CPU, Mobo and RAM. Was planning on a fresh install anyway so restarted, went into the BIOS to check memory speed. This was at 2166 but as the Memory installed is 16Gb of G.Skill Ripsaw V DDR3200, I enable XMP, saved and exited. Machine proceeded to resart but never even posted or sent signal to the monitor despite dozens of attempts.

There were initially no error lights on the mobo but no signal to monitor. Tried clearing CMOS by removing battery for a few hours (overkill I know). Tried for hours to get it on beyond just spinning fans. Then this evening the same was happening, but one time it did actually boot (although I had not actually done anything different to before). Thought maybe the mobo might be a bit tempremental with the RAM so I downloaded MSI's desktop app for flashing the BIOS. Installed it (took way longer than expected - circa 10 mins), the machine restarted after this and never switched off (no display again) so after 30 mins I decided to turn it off via the power button. Tried various BIOS versions now via the USB Flash port, no joy. Now i have noticed the EZ LED diagnostic light on the mobo is red on the CPU. Looking around on-line, reseating the CPU had helped some people so I tried but again no joy. LED is constantly on. Tried DDR3000 from another machine, this didnt help either. At a loss as to what could be wrong

Thinking a return is in order but not sure if it is Mobo or CPU or both (found one instance on-line of the same Mobo with a higher spec CPU both being dud - slim odds i know). Others posting said Mobo may have been faulty and too out the CPU in that case.

Desperate to get this sorted as the upgrade was for Sons birthday and he is a little dissapointed toput it mildly.

Apologies for abrupbt grammar, tired and cheesed off! Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Caimbeul2000

Reputable
Jun 12, 2019
GPU is a GTX 1060 6GB.
PSU is an Antec Quattro 850W. This all used to Power an i5 2500K @ 4Ghz and 24GB RAM so the motherboard, CPU and RAM used to draw more power than this setup does (on the off chance that this was the though process)

I did see another reply to this in my email too but it is seemingly absent from the thread? fom @
drea.drechsler?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.