• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question New modem randomly restarts causing internet to disconnect. Event log shows a lot of critical errors

Jul 4, 2020
Almost 3 weeks ago I upgraded my internet and in doing so got a new modem and router, the modem being the Arris SB8200. Everything worked fine for over 2 weeks until about 3 days ago when the internet started to randomly go out for a few minutes multiple times a day. I thought it was just my ISP, but then I saw the modem when it happened and all the lights went out and started to come back like the modem was restarting itself. The most recent time this happened the upstream led was flashing for 10 minutes before I unplugged the coax from the modem and plugged it back in which brought the internet back. I don't know what the problem could be, but I took screenshots of the status and event log pages after the most recent restart so hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help me solve this issue. Thank you.

View: https://imgur.com/a/YaXx2B5

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS