Question New monitor 4k 32" ( or more) as my Samsung 32h850 has an issue.

alexlotta

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
I got That 32h850 Samsung in 2017 and was extremely lucky with the panel quality.Only issue i got sometime (but now always) :When i turn off /turn on / sleep ..a setting in the "mga "(hidden service menu ) called" R-gain" goes beyond factory settings ( red gain) and all the screen becomes RED. No "reset" work...s but just MANUALLY keeping pressing the little joystick behind the screen for 15--to 45 minutes if happens to be severe to bring at right setting.. Otherwise is still perfect ( firmware also upgraded to see if getting fixed issue, but no luck) .
Out of warranty sadly -_
___
So i 'm looking for a replacement .Problem is i find only similar monitors but with less features ( for a price ranging from 400 to 650 ) with image quality as first requirment :
scaling at 125% system ,browsing (zooming at 150) webpages , movies streaming , gaming daily only online
____
Spent 450€ In 2017 on black friday and specs are :
Samsung 32" 4k 3840x2160 , 4ms, Mva panel , Q-led
tried to look for stuff to compare like and find just compromises where i would have expected better stuff 5 years later :
Examples :
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/b9024c70f (400€ lg 32un650 close ,but is ips, less connections and physical adjustment ,has more LATENCY 5ms , ips panel so i dunno if i'll find good , i have no experience with that screen , mine stays very black )
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/97d914abc0 (369€ Benq Ew3270U almost same stuff and panel as mine ,same latency 4 ms , with bit less Physical adjustments ,less feautures no qled etc and less connections )

I would spend bit more til 650 to get something like mine but better , in picture quality and latency features . Any idea ?

Last edited by a moderator:

alexlotta

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
ty , knew about it but it did not solve it for my budget need.
Actually after long research and some little answers in local forums i was convinced to try a 32un650 Lg to try a ips panel ( i'm on VBA and i 'm ok with it mainlyis streaming use) , just that..:
(little ot*) did wait til black friday and i noticed the SCAM here in my land and on a**zon where they actually RAISED all the prices to fake a discount (final price was more then what it was before ) on ALL MODELS i was watching so i got pissed off and purchased nothing, now waiting to see if it comes to same price ( as it actually did stay higher ) .
Final bet was between lg 32un650 and an benq ew3270u ( both about 20% more expensive now than before bf ) . Only drawback is that my monitor is 24h on ( as if i turn off it becomes all red )