Question New Monitor blinking/flickering...

NoobieHardware

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
I recently bought an ASUS TUF Gaming VG23VQ monitor. I hooked up the monitor and set the refresh rate to 144Hz (using the DP cord) and now I'm experiencing blinking/flickering when I have something running in the background (game, apps, etc.) It does not happen when I have the refresh rate set to 60, 100, or 120Hz. Just happens when it's set to 144Hz.. Some knowledge would be so nice.

NoobieHardware

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Is your monitor listed in Device Manager?
What video card are you using to drive the monitor?
Yeah, listed under Monitors as ASUS TUF Gaming VG24V (There is no sign of anything indicating something wrong with the monitor on it)

I am using an ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3060 Ti graphics card using the DP cord that came with the monitor itself.

NoobieHardware

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Have you tried the suggestion in this video, enable adaptive sync in your Nvidia control panel?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaM0WcrEPEw&t=119s
I do not have that option in the NVIDIA control panel settings, in the Vertical sync tab. All I get is Off, On, and Fast (I have the option set to Off atm.) I do get that option on my monitor settings listed as Adaptive-Sync/FreeSync, even though I have that option turned on in my monitor settings. I still get the blinking/flickering while I use the browser and background apps running.

I do not have that option in the NVIDIA control panel settings, in the Vertical sync tab. All I get is Off, On, and Fast (I have the option set to Off atm.) I do get that option on my monitor settings listed as Adaptive-Sync/FreeSync, even though I have that option turned on in my monitor settings. I still get the blinking/flickering while I use the browser and background apps running.
Have you checked the Processes tab in Task Manager when this problem is occurring? Is your CPU, GPU or Memory maxing out at 100%?