[SOLVED] New monitor buzzing noise

calvooo

Honorable
Aug 21, 2015
Hy everyone,
I bought new monitor Asus VX279HG. And when I connect monitor and my hifi receiver with 3.5mm cable through monitor headphone jack I get really annoying buzzing noise in my speakers when there is no music playing. Replacing with new cable doesnt resolve problem.
It seems I already found reason.. headphone jack is very close to power input from monitor. Unpluging power cord from monitor stops buzzing in speakers.

Anyone know how to prevent this? Or, is there some special cable..?

Thanks

P.S. my old monitor was working just fine with this type of connection. Headphone jack was on the other side far away from power input.

Solution
The HDMI interfere with the audio by pass,, experience the same on my CCTV system on HDMI . One option is is to run the sound straight from your PC to HiFi. If you want to plug in your earphones also and soundcard have only one Minijack audio out get a Minijack splitter, one for earphone and one for HiFi. On the video card of PC disable the sound of HDMI output

https://www.makro.co.za/games-gamin...LCMcpqz39ha0B208Xd4zoyQkkHzk0XCUaAmEREALw_wcB
how is this setup that you need a receiver connected to your display's headphone jack?

are you running 3.5mm audio from the motherboard to the monitor, then from monitor to the receiver?
or HDMI audio through GPU to monitor?
either way, it can very well just be interference from the monitor so when shutting off power to the monitor it goes away.

i would just be looking for a better way to connect like optical from motherboard straight to the receiver.

calvooo

Honorable
Aug 21, 2015
I also use monitor for playstation. And without headphone jack on monitor I have no sound playing games on playstation.

Using only 3.5mm audio from monitor to my receiver. Audio goes through hdmi connected to monitor no matter what Im using, PC or playstation.

BigJohnx13

Commendable
Jun 22, 2019
The HDMI interfere with the audio by pass,, experience the same on my CCTV system on HDMI . One option is is to run the sound straight from your PC to HiFi. If you want to plug in your earphones also and soundcard have only one Minijack audio out get a Minijack splitter, one for earphone and one for HiFi. On the video card of PC disable the sound of HDMI output

https://www.makro.co.za/games-gamin...LCMcpqz39ha0B208Xd4zoyQkkHzk0XCUaAmEREALw_wcB

Solution