[SOLVED] New monitor enters "Power Saving Mode" when PC shuts down

Jeff Kaos

Distinguished
I bought a new Sceptre E275W-1920 27" monitor for my kids computer and every time he powers off the PC the monitor displays a message saying that it's no longer detecting a signal and is enter Power Saver Mode. Then the blue light on the back of the monitor flashes until we boot up the PC again. This is the first time I've ever had this happen. Usually when I power off my PC or put it in Sleep Mode the monitor turns off and that's how I prefer it. Can anyone tell me how I can get this new monitor to completely power off when the PC turns off? Oh, and this is a completely brand new build that's only been running for about a week so I haven't changed any settings yet but I can't see how Power Settings in Windows (10) would affect the monitor after the PC shuts down but I just don't know.

Solution
Do you other monitors turn on with the computer or do you need to turn them on manually after you shut off the system? If you don't need to turn them on yourself, they don't really turn off either. The low power standby mode is not an issue, it's normal and does not use much power at all, less than something like your TV on standby.
Do you other monitors turn on with the computer or do you need to turn them on manually after you shut off the system? If you don't need to turn them on yourself, they don't really turn off either. The low power standby mode is not an issue, it's normal and does not use much power at all, less than something like your TV on standby.

Solution