new monitor lagging

sandesh336

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
Hey guys, I just got a new monitor LG-24MP88HV-S which is a 1920x1080 display.... Now the problem is, when I start playing a game (i've observed in gta 5), or basically anything that takes a lot of processor work, the system lags for about a minute and starts working normally again..... now, i've also have a problem with the psu, which isnt working at all.....does the psu have something to do with this?.... I never had this problem with the old monitor that I had.... please help me with this?
My specs are:
Nvidia gtx 750-ti
8gb ram
I3-4150
Windows 8.1 pro

Solution
Increasing your monitor resolution is something that puts more strain on your graphics card, not CPU. What you want is a better graphics card such as a GTX 1050 or GTX 770.

Dual core processors are also poor for gaming these days. Recommend upgrading to something like a 4770k would give you far better performance.

As your graphics card and CPU are both very weak for games like GTA5, I recommend upgrading both of them.

If you have a problem with your power supply the entire system would be freezing or crashing in games.

jr9

Estimable
Increasing your monitor resolution is something that puts more strain on your graphics card, not CPU. What you want is a better graphics card such as a GTX 1050 or GTX 770.

Dual core processors are also poor for gaming these days. Recommend upgrading to something like a 4770k would give you far better performance.

As your graphics card and CPU are both very weak for games like GTA5, I recommend upgrading both of them.

If you have a problem with your power supply the entire system would be freezing or crashing in games.

Solution