Question New monitor physically has a slight tilt ?

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
I bought this monitor:
Samsung - T350 Series 24" IPS LED FHD, FreeSync (HDMI, VGA) at Best Buy last Wednesday because my previous monitor went RIP/DOA earlier that day.

But I cannot figure out, why this new monitor has a slight tilt. I don't think it is a manufacturing defect. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Do you mean the image/screen is tilted with respect to the monitor's frame or that the entire monitor frame is tilted with respect to the desk or wall mounting?

Are you able to take a couple of photographs and post the image here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

This monitor?

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/flat/24--sr24r-flat-monitor-ls24r350fznxza/

Double check the monitor assembly and set up instructions. Something may not be fully in place.

Use extra caution if wall mounted.....

Likewise double check and try readjusting the screen position via the monitor's menus.

If the cause of the tilt cannot be identified and/or resolved then return the monitor Best Buy.

Reactions: Christophe516

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
Do you mean the image/screen is tilted with respect to the monitor's frame or that the entire monitor frame is tilted with respect to the desk or wall mounting?

Are you able to take a couple of photographs and post the image here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

This monitor?

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/flat/24--sr24r-flat-monitor-ls24r350fznxza/

Double check the monitor assembly and set up instructions. Something may not be fully in place.

Use extra caution if wall mounted.....

Likewise double check and try readjusting the screen position via the monitor's menus.

If the cause of the tilt cannot be identified and/or resolved then return the monitor Best Buy.
Nothing wrong with the image on the screen, and not wall-mounted. Sits on the stand that came with the monitor.

Ralston18

Titan
So the stand is tilted - correct?

Are you able to separate monitor and stand?

Then inspect both for signs of some debris or default that causes the tilt?

Does the stand have little rubber or plastic feet - maybe one is missing. May not be obvious without a closer look.

Something in the way or perhaps some connection not properly seated into place.

Photographs?

If possible go back to Best Buy and look at the floor model. See if it is someway different to your monitor.

Take your model and receipt along as well. That way if you discover some deficiency you can return your monitor for replacement or refund as you decide is best for you.

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022

Does the stand have little rubber or plastic feet - maybe one is missing. May not be obvious without a closer look.

Photographs?

If possible go back to Best Buy and look at the floor model. See if it is someway different to your monitor.

Take your model and receipt along as well. That way if you discover some deficiency you can return your monitor for replacement or refund as you decide is best for you.
I am thinking, that. I am just going to have to detach the stand and re-attach to the monitor. But, In the back of my mind. I have been wondering about a design defect in the stand.

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022

Photographs?

I am thinking, that. I am just going to have to detach the stand and re-attach to the monitor. But, In the back of my mind. I have been wondering about a design defect in the stand.

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
I de-tached, and re-attached, the stand. It still has the same issue. So, It is something to do with the machined holes, for the screws, used to secure the stand to the back of the monitor. I got it at Best Buy. But the one I got it at. Is 16-17mi. and 25-30mins. from the house. Since it isn't a crack(that can propagate), or major design flaw, just a tiny design flaw of .5ins.. I will live with it.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
I think that 0.5 inches is a somewhat beyond a design flaw.

Way too much of a discrepancy.

Still "living with it" is a solution of sorts.

If the monitor is otherwise fully working then as an interim measure just go with the tilt.... The next monitor could have worse problems in some manner.

Consider that just bit of padding or some other fix under the stand could level things out.

Try a few physical fixes to see if the problem can be resolved. However, you did not pay money to get a monitor/stand that is not working or otherwise defective in one way or another.

Think about the next time you find yourself going over in the Best Buy area and that you should take the monitor etc. with you, Swap for a new monitor: one that they can set up and you can check for a tilt or other issues in advance.

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
I think that 0.5 inches is a somewhat beyond a design flaw.

Way too much of a discrepancy.

Still "living with it" is a solution of sorts.

If the monitor is otherwise fully working then as an interim measure just go with the tilt.... The next monitor could have worse problems in some manner.

Consider that just bit of padding or some other fix under the stand could level things out.

Try a few physical fixes to see if the problem can be resolved. However, you did not pay money to get a monitor/stand that is not working or otherwise defective in one way or another.

Think about the next time you find yourself going over in the Best Buy area and that you should take the monitor etc. with you, Swap for a new monitor: one that they can set up and you can check for a tilt or other issues in advance.
I thought about taking it back to Best Buy, to exchange it. Regardless of the 0.5in. tilt. I am not angling my head, to the tilt. Also, I thought about padding. But since there only two feet, instead of three, on the stand. I think padding may cause it to tip over background.

Monitors will normally come in a box with the stand detached.
Did you do the mounting?
Or, did it come mounted from the store.
Review the mounting instructions.
See if there are some screws to secure the stand to the display.
Perhaps loosening them a bit and tilting the monitor correctly can fix the issue.

Reactions: Ralston18

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
Monitors will normally come in a box with the stand detached.
Did you do the mounting?
Or, did it come mounted from the store.
Review the mounting instructions.
See if there are some screws to secure the stand to the display.
Perhaps loosening them a bit and tilting the monitor correctly can fix the issue.
Put the stand on the monitor at home. The tilt is left-to-right. Not back-to-front.

Ralston18

Titan
This Samsung monitor?

Samsung - T350 Series 24" IPS LED FHD, FreeSync (HDMI, VGA)

Agree - there is no need for you to tilt your head and and padding could make the monitor unstable.

Will second @geofelt 's post.

Remove the stand and try the suggestions therein. Measure to ensure the mounting pole is truly vertical with respect to the stand's legs and the host desktop/surface.

If the User Guide/Manual lists part numbers verify that the stand itself is correct for the monitor.

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
This Samsung monitor?

Samsung - T350 Series 24" IPS LED FHD, FreeSync (HDMI, VGA)

Agree - there is no need for you to tilt your head and and padding could make the monitor unstable.

Will second @geofelt 's post.

Remove the stand and try the suggestions therein. Measure to ensure the mounting pole is truly vertical with respect to the stand's legs and the host desktop/surface.

If the User Guide/Manual lists part numbers verify that the stand itself is correct for the monitor.
I checked stand. I just had to loosen, then re-tighten the screws on the legs of the stand.
Is the stand made of base cast metal?
If it is made made of steel or aluminum perhaps it can be bent a bit.
Cast metal will break if you try so be certain of what you have first.
Thank you for pointing that out.