Question New Monitor Set Up Help

Nov 25, 2023
Hi. I have 3 laptops currently. My work laptop. Gaming laptop(Asus Rog Strix) and Macbook Pro M3 Max 14 inch. I'm wanting to use the same peripherals for all 3 devices without having to plug and unplug so I'm looking at a docking station such as the Anker one listed below on a black Friday deal. However my monitors are the LG one listed below. Would it be possible to connect these though the docking station and still get the 144HZ refresh rate I'm paying for as I want to game though my asus. I’m thinking of getting a PC in the near future to replace my ROG Strix so it’ll just be the works laptop and MacBook that I need to worry about. I’ve attached my monitors below and I also have some Dell 4k 60HZ if that’s all a docking station can let me have
Regards James

Dave8671

Distinguished
The docking station would need to support 144hz. The HDMI cables generation will also be needed.
HDMI 2.1 has the best 144hz. I only see the LG UltraGear attached.

The gaming laptop will support 144hz The apple will only support 120hz display. If you want the work laptop to use 144hz make sure it has the HDMI output to support that. Think its going to be hard to fine a docking station that has support for M3 mac books. I would search docking station that have 144hz as you want. I do not think a work laptop will support 144hz. I could be wrong.

Latest posts