Question New monitor shows bio but then no signal once window starts.

Gamn

Commendable
Oct 26, 2020
I recently change my monitor, i decided to go from a 16:10 to 16:9 for personal reasons, but when i connected the new monitor it show bio just as normal but when windows started it showed "no signal" and stay like that.

The problem is not window not starting, the PC is starting but the signal seem to conflict with the monitor in some way. I do have an old GPU connected to my PC (Asus AMD radeon hd5450 silent) which i disconnected and the monitor did get signal.

At first i assume that means the gpu was not placing the correct configuration on the monitor so i put it myself (using the old monitor) but again it refuse to show anything, i did a bit of search but could not find anything as to why the gpu and monitor would clash, i did test a third monitor (16:9) that i borrow and the gpu did in fact work perfectly fine, maybe a bit of a problem with the screen been a bit of center.

I would apreciate any help in the matter, i know the gpu i have is crap but it works decent enough and is better than nothing, imo, so hope there is a solution that lets me use it with the new monitor, thanks in advance for any help

Gamn

Commendable
Oct 26, 2020
Update, i started to just test random options on the gpu control panel, turns out the whole problem was created by "composite sync" that options is suppose to help sync the monitor but apparently it was instead getting in the way.