New Monitor stopped my RGB from working.

KittenKisses

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
I bought a new monitor and connected it. Monitor works fine, but after plugging it in the RGB on my fans stopped working.

Any idea on how to fix this?

The monitor is the DELL S2417DG
The fans are 5 times Corsair LL120

Solution
When you connected the monitor did you open the case or just plug in the monitor cable? If you opened the case, you may have loosened the connection to the hub. Are the fans still spinning? How is the lighting node connected?

Go through all of the connections and make sure that the connections are all secure. Check for updates on the Corsair Link software? Depending upon the time since it was installed try returning the fans or warranty repair.

Plugging in the monitor should have no effect what so ever on the fans or the lighting. That leads me to believe that there is a loose connection or the fan hub or lighting node is defective.

KittenKisses

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016

The fans are connected to the hub and I am indeed using the node and the latest version of LINK.
They worked without a problem with my old monitor.

When you connected the monitor did you open the case or just plug in the monitor cable? If you opened the case, you may have loosened the connection to the hub. Are the fans still spinning? How is the lighting node connected?

Go through all of the connections and make sure that the connections are all secure. Check for updates on the Corsair Link software? Depending upon the time since it was installed try returning the fans or warranty repair.

Plugging in the monitor should have no effect what so ever on the fans or the lighting. That leads me to believe that there is a loose connection or the fan hub or lighting node is defective.

Solution