Question New monitor stuttering

Aug 13, 2019
So i recently got an Aorus RTX 2080 Super and was happily gaming away on my 1080p 60hz monitor. I decided i wanted to up my game and bought a 1440p 144hz monitor. It arrived a few days back and im getting crazy lag/stuttering in games? like unplayable. GPU, CPU & Disks are under no great load, im only trying to play CSGO. The monitor is freesync. I've tried it with g sync on and off correctly and it makes no change. max power and highest refresh rate settings, V sync on and off...everything.

Ive looked through the whole of the internet and cannot figure out what is going on? Drivers have been wiped and reinstalled, BIOS is up to date. The only thing that has changed is the monitor?? I used Latencymon to monitor the system whilst attempting to play and these are the results but they mean nothing to me.

View: https://imgur.com/a/PjmAvR8

Any help would be great guys

Specs?

Resolution-wise the graphics card has more work to do on a 1440p resolution display than a 1080p one. And previously the system only needed to output 60fps rather than 144fps to achieve the same smoothness. That said it does sound strange for problems with CSGO.

I get the feeling the components aren't running properly. Do you use MSI Afterburner (or similar) to monitor in-game usage of components? That'll be my starting point to see if something is going wrong there. Plus other hardware monitors like HWiNFO or CPU-Z.

Aug 13, 2019
Yeh I’ve checked with multiple software! All components working within normal loads and not high tempts! I’m going to check if I get the same on my original 1080p 60hz monitor! It only happened when I switch monitor but that could just be coincidence

Aug 13, 2019
Cpu & GPU were both fine on a 1080 60hz, the i7 6700k and rtx 2080 super should handle cs go easy! I've tired that! Done a full wipe and re install of the system today! No change! The card must be faulty?

One of the things regarding the hardware monitors is trying to ascertain whether your components are running according to spec. As someone from the outside looking in this has not been confirmed with data. So I wouldn't conclude the graphics card is faulty just yet.

Aug 13, 2019
Nvidia has said from the information I've provided them there should be no issues, they have gave me a list of stuff to try tonight so I'll work my way through it! I've phoned overclockers who said they will replace it on the spot as it's within 30 days