Question New monitor, won't turn on after sleep mode?

WarChicken

Honorable
Aug 4, 2017
Hello, I got a new Westinghouse monitor that has replaced an old BenQ unit. The BenQ always turned itself on after I woke the PC from sleep mode by either hitting a keyboard key or moving the mouse.

This new Westinghouse, however, is not turning on after the PC comes out of sleep mode. I leave the monitor powered up I guess you'd say because I do not hit the power button after putting the PC to sleep. The PC is awake I think, because the keyboard and mouse both light up like they've always done....the monitor just doesn't respond.

I've looked up some things on the net, but not having luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

Dec 8, 2020
I have a similar issue. In my case the screens wake up after a while, it just takes a lot longer than it should. Is it your PC in sleep mode or just the monitors?

WarChicken

Honorable
Aug 4, 2017
I have a similar issue. In my case the screens wake up after a while, it just takes a lot longer than it should. Is it your PC in sleep mode or just the monitors?

I put the PC to sleep mode, but I don't touch the monitor at all (it goes black, but it does have a power light on the back that blinks, so it is still technically "on"?). I don't think there's a sleep mode specifically for the monitor itself, unless I'm missing something.

How long is yours taking? I've given this new monitor maybe a minute.