Question New monitor yields a no signal error

Oct 3, 2019
Hello. So I've recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC. And when I boot it up using my old monitor (Acer K242HL), it boots up fine, without issues. Now, I recently purchased a new monitor, ViewSonic VX2458-C-MHD, which uses the same connectivity (DVI). The major difference between these two for the most part is the VS supports 144bz, while the Acer is limited to 75hz.

Now, I connected my new monitor to MY GPU using the same cable, but when it turns on, it shows a "No signal" error. So what I did was to boot up Windows using my old monitor, and once I logged in, I took out the DVI cable connected to my monitor and attached it to my new monitor, and the display finally worked, but when I checked the device settings, Windows still didn't recognize it, still being listed under my old monitor's name. In hindsight, I know this was probably a dumb move, but I was frustrated. Now, restarting my PC while it was connected to my new monitor, it now reverts back to the same "No signal" error.

Is there anything I can do? I tried my new monitor on a laptop using the same DVI cable, and it works.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS