new monitor!

palle

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2002
I am about to buy Liyama 19" monitor hm903dt,does anyone of you own such?Is it as good as I hope it is?A question,the refresh rate,does the monitor automaticly use the highest refresh rate or must I enable it in settings,monitor?

have fun,be lucky

AntiMac

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2002
no, i never heard of it. i would get an NEC multisync FE950+ instead. it is one of the best 19" monitor you can get.

as for refresh rate, you have to go to settings under display in conrol panel (if you're a PC user). then go to advanced. refresh rate is determined by your video card. so if you have bad video card, it wont do the monitor justice. i have a FE700+ (17") flat screen (like all FE models) and a 4MB S3 vid vard. the monitror is beautiful, but cant use better refresh rates (stuck at 60Hz) esp since im at 1280 X 1024.

<b>The AntiMac</b>
<i>Making the world a better place</i>

palle

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2002
I have bought it today.it is called HM903Dt and it is very good.I BIG improvement from my earlier monitor,and the other I have Pckard Bell.It is bright,sharp.But I read it was a testwinner too:)I payed 470´0 swedish crowns(470dollars) a big investment.Now I only need the radeon 9700pro to make it a monster.

have fun,be lucky

AntiMac

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2002
well, if you are prepared to spend that much money, i would definately go for the GeForce 5 coming out in december. you say that your comp is a packard bell. im not sure if your PSU has enough juice to support that "beast". its about to get old soon, so go for the geforce5

<b>The AntiMac</b>
<i>Making the world a better place</i>

palle

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2002
well,I have 2 computers and this one I talk about have an amd xp1600 with 256ram.I hope it is enough for the videocard.Isnt the nv5 gonna be extremly expensive and secondly,will it be as fast as pro9700??I doubt that.

have fun,be lucky

MindCrime

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
I've never owned one, but have seen a few. They are known as one of the best monitors on the market. So your purchase is actually pretty secure I'm sure.

And to the other guy. Yes the NEC is a great monitor. I have it infact, and the FE991SB, but the Liyama line of monitors do seem to be in the "Higher end" of monitors.

Or so it was when I was buying my first monitors a few years back.

I'm sure you're golden on your purchase.

Oh, and as far as I know, You're Video cards options is how you'll jack your Refresh rate up. You will most likely have to do this manually. I always have had to.

But hey, I'm a newb. I just was posting cause I knew a 'lil'something about what you were asking.

Take care.

<b>If it aint broke, then hell, you aint looking at it in the right frame of mind!</b>