New monitor

kerplunkuk

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2003

My TFT monitor is dieing, so I need a new monitor. I have a 9800 Pro
graphics card, and a 3GHZ AMD processor with 1.5gig of PC3200 DDR. Any
suggestions on a new monitor available to the UK? 17" max, must be LCD or
TFT.
Thanks

--
Victoria Concordia Crescit

"KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> My TFT monitor is dieing, so I need a new monitor. I have a 9800 Pro
> graphics card, and a 3GHZ AMD processor with 1.5gig of PC3200 DDR.
Any
> suggestions on a new monitor available to the UK? 17" max, must be
LCD or
> TFT.
> Thanks

Not sure about availability of it in the UK, but the Samsung 172X is
getting some good praise. There was even mention of it in the new issue
of Maximum PC magazine that just hit the newsstands here in North
America and they really liked the 172X. I understand the 172X comes in
25ms and 12ms variants though, so be careful of that. 12ms would be
pretty sweet. I personally have not seen it here where I live in
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

jad

How much do you want to spend?

"KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> My TFT monitor is dieing, so I need a new monitor. I have a 9800
Pro
> graphics card, and a 3GHZ AMD processor with 1.5gig of PC3200 DDR.
Any
> suggestions on a new monitor available to the UK? 17" max, must be
LCD or
> TFT.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Victoria Concordia Crescit

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

NightSky 421 wrote:
> "KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> My TFT monitor is dieing, so I need a new monitor. I have a 9800 Pro
>> graphics card, and a 3GHZ AMD processor with 1.5gig of PC3200 DDR.
>> Any suggestions on a new monitor available to the UK? 17" max, must
>> be LCD or TFT.
>> Thanks
>>

> Not sure about availability of it in the UK, but the Samsung 172X is
> getting some good praise. There was even mention of it in the new
> issue of Maximum PC magazine that just hit the newsstands here in
> North America and they really liked the 172X. I understand the 172X
> comes in 25ms and 12ms variants though, so be careful of that. 12ms
> would be pretty sweet. I personally have not seen it here where I
> live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

I agree on the 172x, it was also reviewd here in Australia with PC Powerplay
with a score of 95/100 @ $AU900, specs are, 17" viewable, 500:1 contrast
ratio, 160/140 viewing angle, analog/digital interface and 1280x1024 native
resolution. It is what I will be buying within the next few weeks anyway.

What kind of 3GHZ AMD cpu do you have?

Martin.

> > What kind of 3GHZ AMD cpu do you have?
> > >
> XP3200+ O/C to 3gig
> --
> Victoria Concordia Crescit

2,2 GHz oc to 3 GHz ?!
Please tell me about fsb, multiplier and cooling...

Martin

May I suggest Liquid Nitrogen for that hot cpu?? 800MHz overclock is NOT
SAFE!!

"MKH1" <mkhenrichsen_@mail.dk> wrote in message

> "KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@greenday.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > > What kind of 3GHZ AMD cpu do you have?
> > > >
> > XP3200+ O/C to 3gig
> > --
> > Victoria Concordia Crescit
> >

> 2,2 GHz oc to 3 GHz ?!
> Please tell me about fsb, multiplier and cooling...
>
> Martin

TRENDING THREADS