Question New motherboard always resets the BIOS settings every time I turn PC on ?

xxdms2k11xx

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013
every time I turn on my pc it always reset the bios settings. I tried to change a new CMOS battery it still doesn't work.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
MOBO: Asus ROG Strix B550-F (Wi-Fi) II (Version 2803)
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
Elgato 4k60 PRO MK.2
RAM: Corsair vegeance rgb rt 4x8 DDR4 3200 (32gb)
AIO: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 A-RGB
M.2: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1tb NVMe
HDD: 4 TB Western Digital (Green) and 1TB Western Digital
PSU: Seasonic focus + 750 watts (Gold)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Try and replace the CMOS battery with a fresh cell. Do you get a mild tingling sensation when touching the case and your feet are making contact with a bare non-carpeted/non-wooden, tiled floor?

xxdms2k11xx

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013
Try and replace the CMOS battery with a fresh cell. Do you get a mild tingling sensation when touching the case and your feet are making contact with a bare non-carpeted/non-wooden, tiled floor?
I tried to change a new CMOS battery it still doesn't work. and I put my case on the wooden table

Selynelar

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Have you tried bios update?

When this started to happen?

Is your jumper on the right place?

Is your memory modules are compatible with your motherboard? Asus mobos are very sensitive for memory compatiblity.

Last edited:

xxdms2k11xx

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013
Have you tried bios update?

When this started to happen?

Is your jumper on the right place?

Is your memory modules are compatible with your motherboard? Asus mobos are very sensitive for memory compatiblity.
Do I need to update the bios again? the last update was version 2803 (4/28/22) and the newest one is version 2803 (5/31/22)

version 2803 (4/28/22)
https://postimg.cc/CZhs7pfr

version 2803 (5/31/22)
https://postimg.cc/w7WNzRt2

Selynelar

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
After all it looks like something is wrong with your current system and regarding to the 2bios got the same version it means the latest can be a fix update. So yes you can try.

Fyi:
Makes sure the bios is specified for your motherboard. Dont get me wrong I dont say you dont know but some of the mobos has wifi and regular versions.

When this problem started to happen?

xxdms2k11xx

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013
After all it looks like something is wrong with your current system and regarding to the 2bios got the same version it means the latest can be a fix update. So yes you can try.

Fyi:
Makes sure the bios is specified for your motherboard. Dont get me wrong I dont say you dont know but some of the mobos has wifi and regular versions.

When this problem started to happen?
Yesterday after I built my pc it has a POST

Jun 2, 2022
Yesterday after I built my pc it has a POST
Let us know how everything goes after updating your BIOS. Please make sure the BIOS is for your Asus ROG Strix B550-F (Wi-Fi) II

If updating the BIOS doesn't remedy your situation, my recommendation is to start up your pc as a "test bench" with only the most basic requirements.
  1. Set up your PC outside your case. Your motherboard box makes a good, non-conductive surface.
  2. CPU and CPU cooler
  3. Just one stick of ram (populate slot farthest away from CPU)
  4. GPU
  5. No boot drive (we are currently making sure you POST and that your BIOS settings don't reset when you power off and back on)
  6. Turn on your PC by using a screw to bridge the power switch header (see page 1-19 of your manual).
If everything is good, then slowly add more components until you end up "building" your PC outside your case. Remember to safely power down your system before adding anything.

Once you know everything is good build your PC in your case again and perform a final test.

EDIT
It might seem unnecessary to take everything out of your case just to test (and to an extent it is), but it just makes everything easier. You can also rule out the possibility of anything being out of place such as a screw under your mobo. If you don't want to disassemble your PC you can complete these steps without taking your motherboard out of the case. If you do this my recommendation would be to still disconnect the front panel connectors and still manually bridge the pins for the power button. I've seen an issue with front panel connectors. In my experience, this is VERY rare.

xxdms2k11xx

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013
Let us know how everything goes after updating your BIOS. Please make sure the BIOS is for your Asus ROG Strix B550-F (Wi-Fi) II

If updating the BIOS doesn't remedy your situation, my recommendation is to start up your pc as a "test bench" with only the most basic requirements.
  1. Set up your PC outside your case. Your motherboard box makes a good, non-conductive surface.
  2. CPU and CPU cooler
  3. Just one stick of ram (populate slot farthest away from CPU)
  4. GPU
  5. No boot drive (we are currently making sure you POST and that your BIOS settings don't reset when you power off and back on)
  6. Turn on your PC by using a screw to bridge the power switch header (see page 1-19 of your manual).
If everything is good, then slowly add more components until you end up "building" your PC outside your case. Remember to safely power down your system before adding anything.

Once you know everything is good build your PC in your case again and perform a final test.

EDIT
It might seem unnecessary to take everything out of your case just to test (and to an extent it is), but it just makes everything easier. You can also rule out the possibility of anything being out of place such as a screw under your mobo. If you don't want to disassemble your PC you can complete these steps without taking your motherboard out of the case. If you do this my recommendation would be to still disconnect the front panel connectors and still manually bridge the pins for the power button. I've seen an issue with front panel connectors. In my experience, this is VERY rare.
I tested the benchmark from CPUZ maybe my ram is invalid?
https://valid.x86.fr/sxxxml

Selynelar

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS