[SOLVED] New Motherboard and CPU but no signal from GPU.

Oct 27, 2020
So it seems i have a lot of issues at the moment, I’m going to explain everything that has happened to my PC in the past 6months or so.
PC shut down and wouldn’t turn back on, old prebuilt system I got 4/5years ago when I was 13, figured out it was a PSU or GPU problem so bought a new one of both. Got Palit GTX 1660 Super and Seasonic Core 500w Gold. Was working fine till the other day, I downloaded the latest GeForce drivers and then a few hours later my GPU fans would increase in speed (I assume, as they made a sound to suggest so) and I would lose the signal from my monitor but restarting the PC would fix it - this happened twice and I said that on the third time I would attempt to fix it. On the third time the PC would not correct itself after being restarted so I removed the GPU and tried to boot up but then peripherals wouldn’t receive power and I couldn’t get a signal from the motherboard (mobo) either [beforehand, if I used a VGA cable I was able to get a signal from mobo alone]. After talking to people I came to the conclusion that it was a BIOs issue and as the hardware was old anyway upgrading it wouldn’t be a bad idea. So I purchased a new mobo (ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F gaming) and a new CPU (AMD Ryzen 5 3600) [as I am writing this my mate just said “that cpu doesn’t have integrated graphics”, so am going to need a working GPU to use the PC. Therefore, I guess I am now simply asking for your opinion on my situation and whether or not you guys have any advice] and some new RAM (Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4) but I am using the same PSU, GPU and HDD as before. Well after building the system and doing so correctly (I believ) I am still lacking a signal and in fact have now noticed that my GPU fans are still out of control but I now lack a light at the front of it. I believe I am still in warrantee so am going to try and get a new one sent out. Does anyone have any clue as to what has caused my issue or what can be done to fix it or input whatsoever really? Anything from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Cheers :)

TRENDING THREADS