Question New motherboard and CPU, now windows wont boot and sticks on windows logo. PLEASE HELP :'(

Jul 4, 2020
Hi,

I have just installed a new CPU (Ryzen 7 5800x) and a new MOBO (MSI B550 Tomahawk). When I try to boot into a fresh installation with a USB it hangs on the windows logo and no spinning loader.

I do have a SSD connected, that has windows already on it. In the BIOS, it shows that the SSD is connected, but doesn't say it is bootable.

Please could I have some help.

Thanks
Seb

Last edited:

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Hi,

I have just installed a new CPU (Ryzen 7 5800x) and a new MOBO (MSI B550 Tomahawk). When I try to boot into a fresh installation with a USB it hangs on the windows logo and no spinning loader.

I do have a SSD connected, that has windows already on it. In the BIOS, it shows that the SSD is connected, but doesn't say it is bootable.

Please could I have some help.

Thanks
Seb
Did you change the Boot Priority order? You're going to want to boot from USB device with the Win10 installation media tool.

And from the setup, you can wipe the SSD and reinstall a fresh copy of Win10.

Make sure to download the latest AM4 chips immediately after Win10 installation! *just in case you forget, a lot of people of lets Win download the chipset, but it'll fetch an older one and you don't want that.