Question New Motherboard but no POST and no BEEPS

Jul 17, 2021
So recently I purchased an Asus M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 760 AMD mATX motherboard that was refurbished. Now, the fans turn on, the light on my case turns on but there are no beeps and no display. Help? I have never installed a motherboard before.

I installed it into my case and returned everything from my old motherboard into this one as it was in my old motherboard.
I have checked my wires, I have removed and reinserted everything in the case and still nothing. No beeps, when I plug my monitor into my gpu or my mother board’s connection slot my monitor tells me no signal.
I have seen many things saying it is my power supply but my power supply is brand new and worked with my last motherboard. I replaced the motherboard because my old ram slots had been damaged and no longer read my ram. Other than that, my old motherboard seemed to not have any of these issues.

Jul 17, 2021
What CPU are you using with that board?
Phenom II quad core processor. I looked up the compatibility before I purchased it.

on a related note, I plugged in all my stuff onto my old motherboard and am suddenly getting the same issue except that if I remove my ram I do get a beep code now but when I have my ram installed I have no beep code, no post and no display