Question New motherboard/CPU and mDP is not working

Dec 27, 2020
I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU to an ASUS x570-Prime and a Ryzen 7 3700x. I also have an MSI 1070ti Duke. I run dual monitors and the 1070ti has 4 DP and an HDMI. My monitors are a Dell 4k monitor and a Samsung 1080p. The Dell monitor came with a DP to mDP cord which I've always used and I use HDMI on the Samsung. After switching to the new motherboard and CPU my DP/mDP no longer detects anything from my graphics card. I've searched numerous forums for answers and I've tried them all, including updating drivers, trying different DP on the graphics card, trying only the DP plugged in, having the Dell monitor use HDMI and the DP and switching after it turns on, and unplugging my monitor and waiting a bit which seemed to be the most common solution. The HDMI port on the Dell monitor works fine but the Samsung monitor only supports HDMI and VGA so I wouldn't be able to use both at the same time. I am unsure if the problem is my graphics card, motherboard, or monitor and I have no idea what to do to fix the problem anymore.