[SOLVED] New motherboard/cpu installed but windows working fine?

Came12on

Commendable
Apr 17, 2020
Hi all

I was lead to believe after installing a new motherboard that windows would have to be reinstalled fresh due to old drivers etc. But my windows started as normal fine...

Is there any need to reinstall windows anyway? is there a way i can remove old motherboard drivers? is it needed?

Thanks

Solution
Hi all

I was lead to believe after installing a new motherboard that windows would have to be reinstalled fresh due to old drivers etc. But my windows started as normal fine...

Is there any need to reinstall windows anyway? is there a way i can remove old motherboard drivers? is it needed?

Thanks

It may be fine now, and hey you might get lucky and it continues to work fine, however most of the time there will be issues eventually.

As far as uninstalling them, yes you can however there's no full proof way of full removing them, bits and pieces remain and those are the things that can cause the problem.

It's up to you, but even if the previous install of Windows has no conflict issues, typically Windows will just be...
Hi all

Thanks

It may be fine now, and hey you might get lucky and it continues to work fine, however most of the time there will be issues eventually.

As far as uninstalling them, yes you can however there's no full proof way of full removing them, bits and pieces remain and those are the things that can cause the problem.

It's up to you, but even if the previous install of Windows has no conflict issues, typically Windows will just be slower after a few years of use and a reinstall can significantly speed things up.

Reactions: Came12on
Solution

Came12on

Commendable
Apr 17, 2020

It's up to you, but even if the previous install of Windows has no conflict issues, typically Windows will just be slower after a few years of use and a reinstall can significantly speed things up.

Thank you. Should i click 'remove everything' or 'Keep my files'?

Thank you. Should i click 'remove everything' or 'Keep my files'?

I don't know how well the keep my files Windows "reset" feature works with dealing with drivers. The remove everything would be a better option but make sure you backup any and all data you want to keep or it will be gone. I would also suggest unplugging any secondary drives (while the system is off) to prevent Windows from messing with them as well.

Reactions: Came12on

Came12on

Commendable
Apr 17, 2020
Thanks i think im going to leave it until i notice any slowdown/issues. The new motherboard is the same brand just an upgraded version, hopefully that will have some sort of positive impact lol. Its taken me 3 weeks to repair this pc so i'm gonna enjoy it for a bit

TRENDING THREADS