New motherboard/CPU, won't turn on but power light is solid

headphonehelp

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Hi guys, recently purchased the new Skylake i5 6600k and an MSI B150 Gaming motherboard. I have DDR4 RAM and a week old 750 watt PSU (The PSU was working before I upgraded the motherboard)

My issue is that when I plug the PC into power, the power light on the front panel turns solid blue; but when I press the power button nothing happens? No fan whirring, no noise, nothing. I've tried placing the RAM into every different channel combination, unplugged and replugged the 24-pin and 8-pin CPU power, I've taken out and reconnected the front panel connectors... i'm running out of ideas. I've spent £700 on upgrading my computer in the last week and now it's all culminating in an anti-climax of not working!

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Jake

Solution
It sounds like you have the front i/o connectors mixed up. I know you said that you've redone those already, but it wouldn't hurt to double check with the motherboard manual.

headphonehelp

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

Perfect, thank you! Now i've got the computer up and running but there is no internet connection through my Ethernet cable. I can't find network adapter drivers anywhere, and there are no options in the BIOS. If i could download the drivers through my laptop would it be possible to load them through the USB on the computer?