Question New Motherboard doesnt work

Sep 23, 2020
I just bought a new motherboard to replace my old one but whenever I try to boot it it only starts for less than a second with all the fans moving and right after it shuts down with a CPU red status light.
I'm using the same set up as with my old one, I even tried using my old one again after this one not working and it still works, the only thing that is different is that the new one has a 4+8 pin for CPU but at most places I read that just using the 8 pin should be enough. I have really no idea what I'm doing wrong anymore as it should work but doesn't.

I just bought a new motherboard to replace my old one but whenever I try to boot it it only starts for less than a second with all the fans moving and right after it shuts down with a CPU red status light.
I'm using the same set up as with my old one, I even tried using my old one again after this one not working and it still works, the only thing that is different is that the new one has a 4+8 pin for CPU but at most places I read that just using the 8 pin should be enough. I have really no idea what I'm doing wrong anymore as it should work but doesn't.
What MB?
What CPU?
What BIOS?
Do you have the proper BIOS installed?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS