New motherboard filled with red lights. Ryzen APU..

Mar 29, 2018
Hello Guys.

So I bought all new components and started my first PC build ever. 

My motherboard was sent back to the retailer to update bios (ab350n-Gaming with Ryzen 2400g).

I got it back yesterday and started building the machine out of watching youtube videos and using the manuals.

Well the computer booted up nicely and I got windows 10 Home installed from USB (downloaded via. microsoft homepage). 

So after 5-10 minutes the computer started acting weird. I have had numerous problems in windows and while gaming.

First, some of windows quit working - the start menu couldnt open, the internet tab wasnt responding, I could open some things from the desktop but they were delayed like 5-10 seconds. (This problem has occured maybe 2-3 times) I was able to reboot through alt+controle+delete. 

Then i got the BSOD while trying to go into CSGO, it said that I needed the atikmpag.sys file and rebooted. (This has happened twice I think) 

I have also just gotten a black screen all of the sudden, computer still running, not rebooting or anything just black screen so i had to reboot from the button on the computer.

I have reinstalled windows around 5 times and uinstalled drivers from the org. websites over and over again, nothing seems to work.

Later last night it was working for about an hour so i started playing csgo, and suddenly the screen crashed after maybe 10 minutes of play. The screen freezed and was all "broken". The computer did not reboot, so again i had to use the reboot button and the computer just turned back on like nothing was wrong. - Thats when i gave up,I have no clue what could possible be wrong.

I really hope someone can help me, cause I have no idea what to do.

The system is

Case: Elite 110
Motherboard: AB350n-gaming ITX
APU: Ryzen 2400g
Ram: 2 x 4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz
SSD: Samsung Evo 850

PS: I have tested ram through windows (no problems detected) 

Please help a newbie in need :- ) 

Solution
PSU fan should be facing up. There are openings in top cover for psu airflow.
If you place PSU with fan down, you get opposite airflow direction for cpu fan an psu fan.
Mar 29, 2018

Hey SkyNetRising.

Well the temperature is about 30-40C while idling, around 50-high 50C while browsing and stuff. - I used Ryzen Master and used the tab shift to see the temperatures, it was 60-70C while gaming at most.

The PSU is Corsair TX550M, and is top mouted with fan facing down, 2-3 cm's above the stock ryzen 2400g APU cooler.